Initiafy's platform has a component that allows users and companies to fetch their CITB cards' details through the web.
The Construction Industry Training Board administer three types of cards at the moment, which are supported by our tool:
- CSCS (Construction Skills Certification Scheme)
- CPCS (Construction Plant Competence Scheme)
- CISRS (Construction Industry Scaffolders Record Scheme)
How it works and how to use it
There are two pieces of information that need to be provided in order to access the card details: one of them is the Registration Number, also known as CITB Number. This appears in the card's front. You need to fill the CITB Unique Identifier Number with it. The other piece of information should be one of the following:
- National Insurance Number
- Date of Birth
- Unique Learner Number
Once you have informed them, you may press the Request button.
You are going to have your current certification information fetched and presented to you in a dialog window. Tick the box that reads I Verify that I am the legal owner of this card, and that the above details are correct and up to date - if you are indeed -, and then hit OK.
What to do in case of error?
In case you are presented the message "Sorry, the item you are looking for cannot be found", please check the details you have typed and try again.
If the warning message is displayed one more time, the reason should be one of the following:
- Your card was not awarded by CITB themselves. That is what happens if you have an ECS or JIB one, for example.
- The CITB records have not been updated to include your card or there was an error when you were added to their system. You might need to contact them to sort this out.
- You have provided some information that is still incorrect.
In any case, if the field is optional and you have filled it, you need to be able to complete your registration or update your profile without further headaches 😃. In order to do that, clear the fields you had just filled: the CITB Unique Identifier Number and the second piece of information - if it has been the Date of Birth, you can choose another option like Surname on the drop down list to have the date element disappear. Should you not be able to proceed after doing it, then there are still other fields you need to complete so that you can finish.